Sheepskin’s properties make our product durable and safe for use in the home, not to mention:
- Wool is soft – wool products offer a sumptuous softness and tactile appeal.
- Wool stays clean – wool fibres retain a natural oil that resists dirt and grease.
- Wool resists odours – wool’s natural oils are resistent to cooking smells and household odours.
- Wools retains it’s shape – wool fibres bend and recover their shape naturally, retaining their lush bounce.
- Wool is hard to burn – wool fibre is flame retardant up to 600º C.
- Wool is hypoallergenic – wool doesn’t cause allergies.
- Wool adjusts to the climate – wool is warm in cool conditions and cool in warm conditions.
- Wool is sustainable – woolskins are the product of sustainable farming practices* and biodegrade.
Caring for sheepskin – it’s simple.It is easy to look after sheepskin and still enjoy all the benefits of this wonderful natural fibre.Sheepskin is very easy to look after. The fibre’s unique structure gives it a natural durability and robustness. It even repels dirt! Even so, a little care and attention won’t go astray.
Rules of the wool and a few things to remember
- Avoid direct sunlight. This stops UV damage or fading of darker shaded products
- Shake rugs, cushions, bean bags regularly, if it can handle a shake, liven it up!
- Dry vacuum rugs regularly (with a plain suction unit*)
- Attend to spills and stains as promptly as possible
- Remember not to rub, brush or massage wool skin products when they are damp or wet